Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been in the news since late last year’s release of OpenAI’s new version 3.0 ChatGPT. The impact on higher ed is still being determined. I think it will be like teaching math after calculators were available. I think it is another tool to use for learning.
I asked OpenAI’s ChatGPT this question: “write 300 words on the pros and cons of MBA students using AI while in grad school”.
I got this response:
“The use of artificial intelligence (AI) by MBA students while in graduate school has its pros and cons.
- Improved Efficiency: AI can help MBA students automate repetitive tasks, freeing up time for more strategic thinking and analysis.
- Enhanced Decision-Making: AI can provide MBA students with real-time data insights and predictions, helping them make informed decisions.
- Increased Accessibility: AI technologies, such as natural language processing, can help MBA students access and analyze vast amounts of data, making it easier for them to research and understand complex topics.
- Better Learning: AI can provide MBA students with personalized feedback and coaching, helping them improve their skills and knowledge.
- Job Automation: AI may automate certain jobs that MBA students may be preparing for, leading to a decrease in job opportunities.
- Dependence on Technology: MBA students who rely too heavily on AI may lose their critical thinking skills and become dependent on the technology for decision-making.
- Privacy Concerns: The use of AI in graduate school may raise privacy concerns, as students may be sharing personal information and data with third-party AI systems.
- Cost: Implementing AI technology in graduate school can be expensive, and not all schools may have the resources to provide it to their students.
In conclusion, while the use of AI by MBA students in graduate school has its advantages, it is important to weigh the pros and cons and use the technology in a responsible and ethical manner. MBA students should be mindful of the potential consequences of relying too heavily on AI, and strive to maintain their critical thinking skills and decision-making abilities.”
Pretty good for a robot!
I have been using ChatGPT for my consulting work to draft website copy, auto-responder emails, Google ads keyword lists, and more. I use other AI tools to generate images to use such as this one.